Saturday, October 31, 2009

OUCH!

There were several things I was going to blog about this weekend but they will have to wait until I can catch my breath. It's crazy how you make plans and all of a sudden something happens and your life is changed in a split second!

Friday afternoon, as I was driving the bus off campus, my mother was walking to her car. She stepped off the curb and stubbed the toe of her rain boot and she fell forward landing on her left hand.

We spent 2 1/2 hours in the ER to find out what she knew....Her wrist snapped and it broke her wrist in 2 places. OUCH!
They cleaned up all the scraps and put antibiotic on them. They wrapped the wrist up with gauze, plaster & an ace bandage (all the way up past her elbow) She goes to an Orthopedic Surgeon on Monday and will most likely have surgery early next week.

They gave her 13 milligrams of Morphine while in the ER....she was still crying in pain. She is still in pain....she is getting her pain meds every 4 hours and has asked for it as early as 3 hours.

She is here at my home so I can take care of her until they do the surgery and set the break. I worry because of her age, her osteoporosis, she has Lupus, her blood clots...etc, etc....

Please send prayers and healing thoughts her way! (her name is Barbara)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. :( :(
I pray she heals soon!!!

Susie said...

Oh No!!! I am so sorry to hear about that! She is lucky to have you to take care of her! You know, I take care of my mom and it is hard. I hope she gets better soon!

Becky said...

Oh gosh! What a time:(

Thank goodness she is staying with you!

Tell her we are all thinking of her...

SparkleFarkel said...

Dear Betty's Mumsy,

Please know that even though one of yours isn't feeling so good, you are in good hands: God's! (Thankfully, His are never out of order.) I will continue to pray for you. I'm glad you have your wonderful daughter to take tender, loving care of you while you recover.

Be well soon,
your friend,
SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

mommakin said...

Oh dear! That sounds SO painful! I am glad you will be able to care for her - that has to be some comfort (for you both).

Definitely sending healing thoughts.

Bill S. said...

Prayers and thoughts are with you and her. She is in good hands with staying with you.

Heather said...

Thank goodness your momma has you near. I can't imagine how badly that must hurt. Poor thing.

I'll be sending prayers your way, for the both of you.

Melody said...

Ow! I'm so sorry. I'll send prayers her way.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your mom... Sending prayers & well wishes.
Hugs-

Betty W said...

Say hi to Barbara, and let her know I will be praying for her, that there will be no complications and that her wrist will heal quickly!

Yankee Girl said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. That must be so scary for your whole family. But relax, all of your bloggy friends are praying for you so everything will be fine! We are here for you!

Keep us posted please!

Praying for you in Washington State said...

Lots of prayers and good wishes are coming your way for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Betty, sorry to hear that Barbara has broken her wrist. We are praying for her. Hope that she will get past this really soon.

She is fortunate that you are taking such good care of her. Keep us posted about her progress.

Thanks, Nell

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Poor mama! I'll say a prayer for her.

Michelle said...

Good Luck with surgery. Sending prayers your way. Give us an update.