Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ella ha terminado (she is finished)

Saturday December 12th,2009 1:30 pm

It was hard to believe that this day was here. I know it's cliche' to say this...the phrase "time flies" but it is oh. so. true!


She induldged her momma and let me take as many pictures as I wanted! It was very hard for me not to break down in tears as she was getting ready.





When she finished getting ready she turned around and gave me the thumbs up! She has done this since the day she discovered she had thumbs...including making this face!!


As I was watching her get ready it was like her entire life was in fast forward in my mind. The day she was born, when her daddy first held her in his arms, when she saw her baby sister for the first time, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, Jr. high, High school....softball, basketball, musicals & plays, tournaments and on and on.

Now she is dressed in her cap & gown about to walk across a stage and recieve her College Diploma!!! Amazing!



I couldn't help but choke up as I took this picture. Where did my little girl go?


(click to enlarge)

As she was about to walk across the stage and become an Alumni of UCA she turned around and waved at us! That is the moment that her Daddy & I cried!

She graduated Magn Cum-Laude with a double major in Spanish & Creative Writing! She did it in 3 1/2 years!!!

Us! The three most important people in my life!



Family that came to celebrate (from L to R) Bagel, Granny, (John's parents) John, MEG, Me, Tori, Grandma, Timothy & Flynn (My mom, brother & his son)



My girls!


Hillary & Meg....Hill's parents came to watch Meg graduate...I thought that was very sweet of them, I'm sad I didn't get a picture of them with her.


We went to Mike's Place for a celebration dinner! We ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir....I wanted to say a few words and toast but it totally skipped my mind. In the picture above Hill, Meg, Nick & Tori were acting snobby.....you know there has to always be a goofy picture when it comes to my clan!! :~}


It was truly a memorable day in more ways than one! I am extremely proud of my girl!!!

What's next for her you might ask? (like everyone else has been)

First she is going to just breathe....enjoy not having to wake up and go to class after working until 4 am....or pulling an all nighter writing a 10 page essay.
She plans to continue waitressing at the Flying Saucer until September.

In September she will be moving to Spain to teach English for a year.

(we have already been saving up because I can not go a year without seeing my daughter!)

She then plans to return to the states to attend Graduate school (possibly in Austin, Texas) and get her Doctorate in Spanish!!!

Meg~ Estoy orgulloso de ti! Te quiero para siempre, siempre, y no importa que'! Mama Osa!


13 comments:

Yankee Girl said...

She is the WOMAN OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Congratulations to you and her!!!!

And I love Austin. One day I will move there.

Susie said...

That is so awesome for her!! Congratulations Mom for getting her this far!!

What part of Spain is she going to? My oldest just got back from Granada.

Melody said...

Very, very cool. Congratulations, Betty, John & Meg for all of your hard work paying off. :-)

April said...

That is so FANTASTIC, Betty! What an amazing young woman you've raised! There is no doubt in my mind that she has a very bright future ahead of her...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations


Congratulations

Congratulations

Heather said...

And now I am crying...

Your love and pride for your daughters shine through your blog all the time, but none more than this post, Betty.

What an amazing accomplishment for her! You've done good, Momma!

Mrsbear said...

Woo-Hoo! Congratulations. 3 1/2 years is amazing. Really. What a wonderful achievement. For her and her very proud parents. Awesome. And the little wave from the stage is just perfect.

Joy said...

Oh, I just got chillbumps reading this. What an accomplishment. I can see how proud your entire family is of her. She's a brilliant girl and I hope she does come to Texas for graduate school. That would be great.

Here's to Meg! May all your dreams come true,

♥ Joy

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Congrats to her! You have so much to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
And what the HECK is wrong with me that I got tears in my eyes reading this post??

Lara Jane said...

I've got tears, too! My son is only nine but I'm already all too aware of how quickly time flies. (How is he already half-raised?! Was I asleep, a la Rip Van Winkle, when someone stole him from the cradle and woke me when he became a 4th grader?)

I can see why you're proud of your girl! A double major in 3-1/2 years is insanely ambitious! I doubt anything will stand in the way of this girl's dreams!

p.s. This is my first visit and I've already forgotten how I got here! LOL! And get this: my hubby is from Conway and anyone in our family can go to UCA on scholarship. Isn't it a tiny, tiny world? :)

Ashley said...

I know you are so proud of her! Congrats, Meg!!! And I am so jealous she is going to Spain for a year! Lucas has relatives in Barcelona and I've been wanting to go visit for quite some time. Maybe we'll take Lily Ann at some point. Can't wait to hear about her adventures!!

Bethany said...

Congratulations to her! College graduation is always so exciting :) Wow, sounds like going to Spain will be amazing for her!!