Sunday, December 27, 2009

stitch by stitch

The girls loved their quilts!!! They said they slept very warm. Tori liked that I sewed a tag on the back.....they say "handmade with ♥ momma"


I also made them these "spa wraps"...they are perfect to wear after your shower while you are getting ready for the day. Sometimes a big robe is just to hot and bulky. I even made John one and he loves it!

John has been going around the house saying, "I wish I had a quilt to sleep under"...."I love sleeping under quilts"....**hint hint**. So we went to the fabric store yesterday and picked out some fabric....I'm going to make the man a quilt!

Here is the material we chose. Our bedroom is teal, blue & brown so we stayed in that color scheme. I thought the gold/yellow color would be lovely in it. I'm really excited about this quilt. I'm itching to go sew now....but I really need to start packing up Christmas decor.

8 comments:

Becky said...

I love the colors you picked out for your man quilt...they did turn out beautiful! You should go on etsy or something! People would pay alot for those...they are gorgeous!

Bill S. said...

Hand made quilts are the very best. We have about 10 that my mother made for us before she passed away. Oh the memories of helping Mom "Turn" the quilting frames.

Melody said...

I knew they'd love them! :)

You are awesome! Another quilt already! I would have told my husband to wait a few months.. or years. John is a lucky man.

Mrsbear said...

You really are so talented. They are lovely. I'd be begging for a quilt too. ;)

Susie said...

I am glad the girls liked what you made:-) I can't wait to see what you do with that material for your room:-)

Elisabeth said...

The quilts look beautiful.

I would love the pattern for the spa wraps! I used to have one...would love to make one.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love quilts too! hee hee
They are such wonderful keepsakes. I have one that was made by my mother's aunts. I cherish it!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Love the quilts!! I can't wait to see the new one! You are such a good momma!