Sunday, October 12, 2008

Spontaneous Trip

I woke up this morning to an empty house, as I do every Sunday. I woke up feeling sad and had to see my girls. So I decided to skip church....shhhh don't tell anyone.....and go to Conway to see my daughter's. I've been missing them a lot lately. So I called my mom and asked her if she wanted to go with me, of course she said yes....she hasn't seen them in about a month. I picked up my brother's son, Flynn....got my mom and we were in Conway by noon.

We went and ate at Old Chicago. Then visited at their house for awhile. It was just what I needed!

Tori & Grandma


Meg & Momma


Flynn
This little 6 year old booger wouldn't stay still for a photo. I finally got one while he was watching the TV. I forgot what it was like to sit next to a young one in a restaurant. I was kicked in the shins about 25 times and I was waiting for his rootbeer to fall into my lap at any moment. It didn't though...only because I had my hand wrapped around it the entire time! Good times!

12 comments:

fawn & fern said...

it was really nice to have you guys randomly decide to come! skip church & do it more often!
i'm glad it was just what you needed. : )
love you momma.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I am glad you got some time with your daughters! :) What a great way to spend a Sunday!
Carrie

Becky said...

What a cutie your little nephew is! Those eyes!

Sometimes I think that is what Sundays are really all about...family, being together, love.

I'm getting your package together!! I am so excited about what is in it!!! Just one more thing I am waiting on!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you must have had! Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

We went grocery shopping today and my little girl looks at me and says "Can we make hot cocoa and snuggle when we get home?"

Heather said...

Oh, I am loving the Halloween look of your blog today. Did you just change it? Or did I just notice it?

I love reading about you and your girls. You have such a great relationship!

Maren said...

I heard about you from melody, I love your blog! I was trying not to feel jealous of your empty nest! I still have all 7 at home and somedays I daydream about the empty nest...

Natalie Freeman said...

Flynn is lookin' so old!! :) & did Tori tell you I will be seeing her on Thursday? I'M SO EXCITED!! :D

Gombojav Tribe said...

That's a fairly good reason to skip church. :-)

I'm glad you had a good time with your daughters and mom! I love days like that!! PERFECT!

WheresMyAngels said...

I would give anything to have hair like yours and your daughters.

I haven't seen my son (technically step son, but I raised him from age 5 to 19, and he considers me his mother)for over two years now. He moved to Ohio to live with his birth mother (he hadn't seen her since he was 18 months old). My parents got to visit him yesterday and sent me pictures. I need to find the time to make a visit to see him:(

fawn & fern said...

ahh i don't think i got to tell you yet that natalie is going to be here late thursday! now i feel bad 'cause you'll read her comment & be all why did she not mention it?! but it's far too late to call my slumbering momma. love you!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a great Sunday afternoon! That little boy is cute and I love the name!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a great weekend trip! You and your daughters are absolutely gorgeous, you have some good genes!