Sunday, September 21, 2008

Potato Soup Recipe

Let me warn you, this recipe is not for the dieter. But, go ahead and cheat....you know you want to. Mmmm it's so rich & delicious!!! If you do try it out...let me know whattcha think!

POTATO SOUP


The Ingredients

1/2 pound bacon, chopped
huge fist full baby carrots, cut into bite size pieces
1 yellow onion
3 cloves Garlic
10 red potatoes, we like peel on
chicken stock, enough to cover potatoes, about 45 oz.
3 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup heavy cream
salt & pepper


Cook bacon until crispy, remove from pan and set aside. Keep 1/4 cup grease. In grease saute the onion and carrots for 2 minutes. Add garlic. Saute another 2 minutes.

Add potatoes and toss to coat them. Continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes.

Return the bacon to the pot.

Add chicken stock. Simmer on low until potatoes are done.

In separate sauce pan, melt butter.
Whisk in the flour...continue to whisk 1-2 minutes until thick.


Add cream....whisk until thickens.
Add cream mixture to soup. Bring soup to a boil.



Put 3 cups of soup in blender. Puree until real smooth.


Add puree back to soup pot. Salt & Pepper to taste.

Serve with rolls or baguette bread.



ENJOY!




16 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh. My. Sweet. Goodness.

Thank you for sharing!! I'll be getting the ingredients tomorrow!!

WheresMyAngels said...

My husband is NOT seeing this recipe! He keeps killing my eating healthy efforts!

Becky said...

Wow..Looks good! Thanks for printing it up for us! I can't wait to give it a try.

YUM!

Tabitha Blue said...

Mmmmm, looks delish!!!

Thanks for the love, I'm feeling better already! I think that this potato soup just might help a runny nose though, so I'd better get cooking, quick!

Heather said...

That sounds delightful! I can't wait to try it. I love soup on a cool autumn evening. Yum!

Julie said...

Thank you so much for sharing... I am off to the store after I pick up my little one from school and we are buying ingerdients to make this! Yum! Thanks!!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Hi! I took the long way in-following the trail of about three or four blogs. LOL
I am not much of a cook (I'll be listing my recipe for making coffee in my press tomorrow...) but I LOVE, LOVE potato soup! I will be sending my sweet cook/hubby to get ingredients TODAY and beg/plead him to make this for me. (I'll even show him your step-to-step picture guide!)
Thanks.

Julie said...

Okay so I made it and it is yummy and smoked up my whole flat... bacon does that! I have every window open and fans going...and it is cold outside...ha ha, so we will be chilly for a bit. I am sure all our neighbors are thinking that we are burning down the place. My husband walked in the door and just saw smoke.

I am going to post a link in my blog to yours today... yummy

fawn & fern said...

mmm!
love you!

Melody said...

Oh wow! That sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it. =)

Meaghan said...

Wow that looks yummy! I will have to try it out. Great blog!

xoxo
Meaghan
www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

Melodie said...

I've never been a potato soup girl, but my hubby - who does all of the cooking around here - saw your blog post here and is very excited to try it out, which means I'll get to try it, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog, BTW.

Becky said...

Yum! I have all the ingredients, guess what's for dinner tonight?

Unknown said...

Yummy. We love potato soup in bread bowls. :) This is a little different but you cook like I do- a handful of the carrots hooked me.
Found you through SITS and am adding you to my blog list since I am enjoying and - I can follow your recipes. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love soup. I'll have to try this. And anything with bacon in it is good in my book. ;-)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I am drooling!