Friday, September 26, 2008

sing birds sing in the bradford pear

John & I were so excited when we built our 1st house! It only took us 15 years to get there. We moved in June of 02'. We didn't want the yard landscaped, we wanted to do that on our own. So we can watch what we planted grow. So we can say....you remember when we dug those BIG holes for them trees.....how we stayed in the yard ALL day and got burnt to a crisp!

We both love Bradford Pear Trees. We decided to plant two in the front yard. Well, this summer the one tree started to look pretty bad. The leaves were changing colors and dropping. John was very upset about this. He took the mulch away from the trunk and dug a little....he found a bed of ants that were eating the roots. For a week we tried flushing them away with the hose for 30 minutes at a time. I feed it some miracle grow...we even prayed about it. It seemed to work. The tree started looking better but still not green and beautiful like the other. Well, we have been sad again....it isn't doing all that great. It is the saddest looking tree.....doesn't match any tree in the neighborhood. I always look forward to watching the trees change color and seeing the leaves fall to the ground. But, not like this!It's not time for it to be this bare. Look at her leaves on the lawn. Makes me so so sad. See how pretty & full & green her brother is in the back?! Oh I hope she comes back next spring prettier & fuller then ever.

Give me a land of boughs in leaf, a land of trees that stand; where trees are fallen there is grief; I love no leafless land.
-- A.E. Housman



4 comments:

BITR Country Girl said...

I hope it does too. I'm sure it was a beautiful tree when it wasn't being attacked by ants and having so many problems. The other tree in the background looks really good!

Aubrey said...

I love that the two of you wanted to create those stories/memories!
Heck! I said put that landscaping in ASAP. Otherwise, we'd still have a dirt yard. LOL

I hope your tree comes back better and more beautiful. Actually, I have a feeling it will!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Awww I LOVE THIS! Makes me want to plant a tree on our next big memory! I would have loved to plant one when our baby was born.

I hope the tree comes back....

~melody~

Melody said...

Oh! I hope it comes back super healthy in the spring. It has beautiful coloring, doesn't it.