Sunday, September 28, 2008

River Market

This weekend was most enjoyable. Tori came home Friday evening...we enjoyed veggie rolls, crunchy crab & spicy crawfish rolls from Kopan. We love us some sushi!

Saturday was such a beautiful day. Meg met us in Little Rock...the three of us did some shopping at the Farmer's Market.
Everyone brings their dogs to the river....so we decided to bring ours this time.
They were a little freaked out by all the people at first. Dinosaur stayed in Meg's arms most of the time.
Reeses in mine. Once they relaxed they acted like they were great danes....barking all tough at the big dogs. It was quite funny!
Meg & Tori bought some amazing Jonathon apples....it is apple season....I should have bought some to make applesauce. We got the usual...purple hull peas, pinto beans, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and the girls bought loads of basil and garlic for cheap! Tori made pesto! Meg got hot peppers and made enchiladas and homemade pico de gallo. They cook like their momma & daddy!!

John got off work early and he met us at Boulevard Bread Company. One of our most favorite places to eat lunch downtown. It's all organic and fresh & seasonal, they use locally grown products and support the local farmers. They are an environmentally friendly business! Their forks and spoons, napkins and cups are made from corn or potato by-products that are biodegradable and compostable!!!! Pretty awesome, huh!!!
This is the first time we had a family get together since Tori moved to college. (when John was in the hospital doesn't count)
I bet Tori & Meg didn't even realize they are posed almost the same way.

My love.

We left downtown and went shopping at Whole Foods! Our favorite grocery store....sucks it's 50 miles from my house! We had a wonderful day together!!!!

John & I went our to dinner with 2 couple friends last night. We ate on the patio at Bene Vitas!! Mmmmm....real Italian food, wine and conversation that was revealing, surprising & funny!! It was a wonderful evening!

16 comments:

Julie said...

what a blessing you are all together, looks like a fun time! What a fun market to attend... love fresh herbs... you need to post some of those recipes!

Becky said...

Wow! All I can say is what beautiful daughters you have! The 3 of you look so much alike:)
Sound like a perfect day (I'm glad to hear Reeces is doing better)
Thanks for noticing I was a saucy blog...I couldn't believe it!

Lorie said...

It looks like you had a good time! They are beautiful girls!!

Aubrey said...

Awww,what a great, great weekend! How much fun is it to spend a day like that with the ones you love.

Your girls are lovely but hey, what would you expect? Have you seen their mother!?!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

You had me at Sushi - I LOVE ME SOME SUSHI and haven't had it in a LONG time. It's all I can think of...oh that and how you look SO YOUNG to have girls in college! You're gorgeous, ya know. :)

Sounds like a fabulous time! Great memories and fun times!

Thanks for the congrats on me being a Saucy blog! I hadn't realized it until I read the comments! lol

~melody~

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome weekend. I didn't even realize you are in AR... we are in Conway. :) It's ... different than most anyplace else we've lived. We love Whole Foods and will definitely be checking out the sandwich shop, thanks for posting about it. :)

fawn & fern said...

it was a lovely weekend spent with my favorite lovvves. : )
nick liked your spicy crackers, by the way...
he ate some while we made dinner tonight.
love you!

Heather said...

You have a beautiful family. A sure sign of great parenting is when your grown children choose to spend time with you...obviously you've done a great job with your daughters. Your pictures shine with the love you all have for each other.

Thanks for sharing!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love Whole Foods and those crunchy crab rolls sound delicious! What a fun day!
-Sandy Toes
Happy Monday!

Melody said...

What fun! You have such a beautiful family! And the food sounds delicious! Good for you! You deserve a great weekend!

BITR Country Girl said...

It looks like you and your family had a great weekend at the market! Your puppies are cute too!

Meaghan said...

LOVE the pics! What a beautiful family. I would kill for those curls :)

-Meaghan

Anonymous said...

Your family is gorgeous! And your post made me hungry :-). And it's only breakfast time...

-Pink Ink, A fellow SITS gal

Brooke said...

I have a chihuahua too and it is funny how BIG they think they are. I have to watch her because I just know she is going to pick a fight with the wrong dog and get chomped! They are so fun though!

Here from SITS...

Anonymous said...

Hi! What a beautiful name. "Keeper of the skies wife" Wonder what it means? Thank you for checking out my blog:) I look forward to getting to know you better. You have gorgeous children. Love the hair!

The Nice One said...

Beautiful beautiful!!!
Little Rock looks pretty cool...perhaps we should travel up that way sometime?