Betty over at Wiens World gave me two as well. First the book Award....
Open the book closest to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment.
lucky by: Alice Sebold
Turn to page 56....
Write out the fifth sentence, as well as the two to five sentences following.
Mary brought her essentials inside the house,and went up to her bedroom to unpack. The idea was that we would all have an informal meal, what my mother called, "seek and ye' shall find,"and afterward my father would go back to his study to work, and I could spend time with my sister. But when mother called for Mary to come down she didn't answer.
2nd. the I heart your blog As a recipient of this award, there are rules to follow. I have to answer the following questions with one word answers and one word only! Then I must pass it on to five others! The questions are as follows:
1. Where is your cell phone?bedroom
2. Where is your significant other? work
3. Your hair color? brown
4. Your mother? Beautiful
5. Your father? missed
6. Your favorite thing? family
7. Your dream last night? sewing
8. Your dream/goal? yearbook
9. The room you're in? craft
10. Your hobby? crochet
11. Your fear? heights
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
13. Where were you last night? shopping
14. What you're not? lonely
15. One of your wish-list items? yarn
16. Where you grew up? New York
17. The last thing you did? coffee
18. What are you wearing? PJ's
19. Your TV? Sony
20. Your pet? Reeses
21. Your computer? happy
22. Your mood? bright
23. Missing someone? always
24. Your car? dirty
25. Something you're not wearing? panties
26. Favorite store? hobby lobby
27. Your summer? FUN!
28. Love someone? definitely
29. Your favorite color? black
30. When is the last time you laughed? yesterday (shopping with John is always a hoot....he always makes fun of things)
31. Last time you cried? yesterday (my friends daughter, Tori's best friend since kindergarten got engaged and reading Beth's blog made me boo-hoo for an hour)
Becky tagged me with this one....
4. I'm OCD when it comes to a clean house. I like it clean and organized! Good thing is John is exactly the same way!
5. I collect antique glass. Depression glass, milk glass, fenton glass, carnival....etc! I have so much of it, I had to stop for awhile because I ran out of room. :(
6. I love to bake and give it away. I'll keep a little bite or two for John & I but the rest I give away. Baking relaxes me.
9. I sing and dance around the house when I'm cleaning with the radio on the 80's station! Sometimes I do it when I'm cooking. It might sound silly but I'm getting in that extra cardio and burning some calories.
10. I'm always LATE for everything. When my Dad was alive he use to always say I should have named you Betty Late 'cause you are never on time.
I need to go get ready for church now....as usual I am late!!!!