Friday, January 2, 2009

Scripture memorization

Who would love to memorize 24 scriptures in one year?! Do you read the LPM blog with Beth Moore? They started this challenge. My friend Beth has started a more intimate group.

If you are interested to join a personal group go to my friend Beth's blog and leave her a comment with your scripture.
On the 1st and the 15 of each month you choose a new scripture to memorize, meditate on. You buy a spiral index card holder and carry it with you so you can look at it when you have time. On the 1st & 15th of every month we will all meet up on Beth's blog and comment our scripture. We will get to see what scripture the other women choose.
As I was cleaning my bedroom yesterday I came across my little bible I keep in my night stand. I decided to open it up and what ever scripture my eye falls on will be the one I memorize. It opened up to Psalms....I had a book marker of Tori from her middle school days in it....my eye went straight to Psalms 119:10 "I seek you with all my heart;do not let me stray from your commands".

I have most of it memorized already. I'm really going to enjoy this.

I decided to write my scripture in my food journal. That way I only have to look at one book.

I hope you join Beth & I on this adventure!

11 comments:

Copper's Fox said...

I am definitely going to visit Beth and join this group! What a great idea... I wanted to let you know that I'm editing my post because I don't use Neutrogena... I use Garnier Nutritionist Nutri-Pure microbead cream scrub (oil free) and Skin Renew daily regenerating moisture lotion (w SPF 15). I used Mary Kay from the time I was 13 and even sold it for awhile but its just too expensive so I tried this and I love it... the scrub really leaves your face feeling clean.

Michelle said...

Thanks Betty. I think I will join you!

I will go visit Beth and post about it later today.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Last year, I did a study where I memorized verses..AHHH..my mind was so slow...it was awful. It made me want to check myself into the nursing home.

But, memorzing is important and having those verses at hand!
-sandy toes

Stephanie said...

That is a beautiful verse!!

April said...

Thanks for the head's up about this, Betty...what a wonderful verse you chose!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Awesome!

Good luck sticking to your resolutions!

I hope you have nothing but the best this year!

Heather said...

Betty, I have signed up on Beth's blog to join you and Michelle on this journey.

What a wonderful way to work scripture into our daily (and busy) lives...

Thanks for posting this!

Melody said...

This sounds really neat! Thanks for sharing it.

And great job with your first day of your diet yesterday! You are awesome!!

Becky said...

That's so good Betty! I am AWFUL at memorization...just awful! But that is awsome that that is something you can do! Good Luck!

MarciaBrady said...

I'm in! I think this is GREAT!

The bible verse you opened to is perfect!!

Thanks for letting us know!!

Rachael said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm gonna head over there right now.