Monday, June 9, 2008

Commitment

My pastor spoke on commitment yesterday. How we need to be more committed to Christ-to follow His will. That we need to embrace change...embrace His plan for us!
So I asked, "God, what areas of my life need changing?" What do I need to commit to? I immediately committed to being more available when people need me....serving any way needed. Let me tell you God did not hesitate....I've already been asked to help...and of course I committed myself wholeheartedly.
God also showed me several other areas of my life that need changing and that I have been just too darn stubborn to listen. Well, I have committed to changing those and be a better listener. God showed me Psalms 37 today...so I opened my bible and began to read it. Wow! verse 5 says to commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him. As long as we are committed to Christ, He will see us through and give us the strength we need! God moves people who make commitments. I'm glad I listened to Him. God takes joy in what we do...I want to always bring Him joy!!!


Take joy, my King, in what You hear.
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear.

No comments: